Share

The phrase "I missed you"


"I missed you" phrase often came out of our mouths when someone misses. Then how the Japanese express it huh?Honestly I am confused! Why yes there is no right vocabulary to describe the word "miss" (hopefully from someone you know).

I know me, the Japanese say "anata ni Aitai" to express the sense of missed. Aitai word itself comes from the word "aimasu" which means to meet. Then by substituting the word "masu" and "tai" meaning it changes to "want to meet".

If you try looking in the dictionary what it missed, maybe you'll find the word "koishii". Hmm ... It seems less familiar words in my ear (what I wrote that probably never heard). Or perhaps, the word is only in poetry, song, etc. and is not used in everyday conversation. Hmmm ... I think Japanese people are not romantic ...

Dialog: A: Hontoo ni Aitai! 本当に会いたい! 
B: Jaa, Ashita aimashoo. じゃあ,明日会いましょう. 
A: Anata ni yo aitakunai. あなたに会いたくないよ. 
B: Dare ni? 誰に? 
A: Anata no otoosan da yo. あなたのお父さんだよ.
Vocabulary:
  • Hontoo ni: it's really
  • Jaa: if so
  • Ashita: tomorrow
  • Aimashoo: Let's See
  • ~ Ni aitakunai!: Do not miss ~
  • Dare ni?: At whom?
  • Anata: you
  • No: indicates ownership
  • Otoosan: father / father

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Yoku renshuu shite kudasai ne. Practice it often. Sering-sering berlatih ya